What is the Best Divorce Law Firm for You in Clearwater, Florida?
The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet is a divorce law firm in Clearwater, Florida committed to helping clients navigate the unique challenges of divorce (also referred to a dissolution of marriage). While divorce is an emotional decision, it is important to remember that it is also a legal and financial decision. Divorce can impact various aspects of your life, from your finances, your home, to the custody of your children. The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet handles a wide range of situations that can arise with divorce. We can help answer your questions about alimony, address your concerns about child custody, assist you if you need a domestic violence injunction or need to defend against a domestic violence injunction, help you with the equitable division of property, and answer property division questions including helping you distinguish between marital and non-marital property, help you if you have a high asset divorce, assist you with a settlement agreement, and help you with every step of the divorce process.
In Florida, there are two main processes for filing for divorce: simplified dissolution of marriage and dissolution of marriage. Couples who have no minor children, who are not pregnant, who meet Florida’s residency requirements (individuals filing for divorce must have lived in the state for at least 6 months), who are not seeking alimony, and who agree about how to divide debts and assets, may be able to file for simplified divorce. A simplified dissolution of marriage can sometimes be finalized without the assistance of a lawyer, but when couples file for a simplified dissolution of marriage, they are often agreeing to give up certain rights, including the legal right to request financial records from their former partner and the right to a trial. In general, it is usually advisable to speak to a divorce lawyer in Clearwater, Florida before selecting a method of filing for divorce. The choices you make when filing for divorce today can impact your financial life for years. The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet is a divorce law firm in Clearwater, Florida that may be able to assist you.
The best divorce lawyer for you is the one who is available to answer your tough questions, it is the lawyer with whom you feel comfortable sharing personal details, and it is the attorney who is willing to fight for you either through divorce mediation and/or in court. Finding the best divorce attorney for your needs can be challenging. It is often best to speak to several lawyers and work with the attorney with whom you feel the most comfortable and trust. Have questions about your divorce? Reach out to the divorce lawyers at The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet in Clearwater, Florida.
How a Divorce Lawyer in Clearwater, Florida Can Help You
There are many ways a divorce lawyer in Clearwater, Florida may be able to help you. From helping you file for divorce, assisting you with navigating the family courts, and/or litigating your case, to helping you work out an out-of-court divorce settlement that is fair to both parties, The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet in Clearwater, Florida are here for you. Here are some other areas where we can help:
- If one partner in the marriage earns more than the other, the higher-earning partner may be asked to pay alimony. The amount of alimony and the length of time it must be paid will depend on how long you have been married and your financial situation. The divorce lawyers at The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet in Clearwater, Florida may be able to assist you with estimating alimony amounts and in seeking or defending against alimony during your divorce.
- Child Custody. If you share children with your former partner, you’ll need to make decisions about where your children will live, how visitation will be arranged, and how major decisions will be made for the children.
- Child Support. While child support is based on how much both parents earn, the number of overnights each parent has, and child related expenses, every child support situation must be carefully assessed to ensure that a child’s needs are being met and that the proper amount of child support is ordered.
- Domestic Violence. If you need to file or defend against a restraining order, or are leaving a marriage in which there has been domestic violence, it is important to take steps to protect your safety and the safety of your children. The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet, a divorce law firm in Clearwater, Florida may be able to help.
- Division of Property. When getting divorced, you and your partner will need to decide how to divide bank accounts, assets, debts, investments, retirement, and make decisions about what will happen to the family home. The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet is a divorce law firm in Clearwater, Florida that can help.
These are just some of the ways that the divorce lawyers at The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet may be able to help you if you are filing for divorce. You may be wondering who the best divorce lawyer might be for your case. Reach out to The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet, divorce lawyers in Clearwater, Florida to learn more today.
What Sets Us Apart
- Free Consultations Available
- Over 40 Years Of Experience
- Unmatched Desire To Win Cases
- Committed To Providing Excellent Service For Clients
- Extensive Trial Experience With Hundreds Of Cases Tried To Verdict