Clearwater Child Support Lawyers
Helping Families with Child Support Payment Matters in Pinellas County & Beyond
If you need assistance with a child support order or are going through a divorce or paternity case and have questions about how much child support your child is entitled to receive, reach out to The Law Offices Of Yeazell And Sweet today. The Pinellas County child support lawyers at our firm will aggressively advocate for our clients with regard to what our clients need and deserve.
Our Pinellas County child support lawyers can assist you with a range of legal issues regarding child support, including:
- Seeking an order for child support
- Determining how much child support you might be entitled to receive or ordered to pay
- Calculating child support payments for high-income families
- Enforcing a child support order that has not been complied with
- Modifying a current child support order
How is Child Support Calculated?
Child support is calculated using a formula that takes into consideration:
- The income of both parents
- The costs of health insurance
- Child-care costs
- The number of overnights of time-sharing each party exercises
- The child’s age
- The number of children for which support is to be paid
- Time-sharing arrangement
- Allowable deductions from income
- Seasonal variations in income
- Whether or not circumstances exist for an upward or downward deviation from the child support guidelines
This formula is referred to as thechild support guidelines.
What Constitutes as Income for Child Support Payments?
Income used in the formula may include wages, salaries, tips, overtime, bonuses, commissions, retirement benefits, social security benefits, spousal support, rental income, worker’s compensation benefits, and other forms of income.
FL Child Support Guidelines
The child support guidelines will provide a clear parameter of the child support amounts that will generally be awarded. While the formula offers a sound guideline, sometimes the court may award more child support if the child has special needs, or if the parties agree to more support to cover other expenses, such as, college tuition or other costs. Having a skilled legal representative from a child support law firm on your side can ensure that the child support amount is fair and reasonable.
How to Get a Child Support Order and Establish Paternity
If you do not have a child support order in place and you were never married to the other parent, you may first need to establish paternity.
- Paternity can either be established voluntarily, if each parent acknowledges paternity of the child.
- If there is a paternity dispute, the court can order a paternity test.
If you are wondering how you can get a child support order, or to ensure that your rights are protected when establishing a child support order in Clearwater, Florida, reach out to our child support law firm, The Law Offices Of Yeazell And Sweet, today. Our firm can assist you with taking the necessary steps in seeking the money needed to support your child, or in ensuring you are paying the correct amount if ordered to pay child support.
How to Enforce a Child Support Order in Clearwater
If a parent having a child support obligation refuses to pay child support, whether because he/she quit their job to avoid paying child support, refuses to get a job to avoid paying child support, or any other reason, you do have legal recourse.
The court may be able to take steps, such as:
- Garnishing wages
- Collecting tax refunds
- Revoking or canceling licenses and other certifications
- Ordering other actions to force compliance with the child support order
Do I Need a Lawyer for Child Support?
While hiring a lawyer for child support in Clearwater, FL is not required, having legal representation for child support proceedings can be beneficial. Child support proceedings can be complex and confusing, and hiring an experienced attorney can help ensure that your rights and interests are protected throughout the process.
Our Clearwater child support lawyer can help you:
- Understand your child support rights and obligations.
- Provide guidance and support throughout the proceedings.
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork is filed timely and efficiently.
- Help ensure that the amount of child support ordered is fair and appropriate based on your specific circumstances.
- If there are disputes or disagreements between parties, a lawyer can help negotiate and advocate for a resolution that works for both parties and protects the best interests of the child.
- If necessary, they can represent you in court proceedings related to child support.
At The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet, our knowledgeable child support attorneys can provide the guidance and support you need for child support proceedings in Clearwater, FL. We will work tirelessly to protect your rights and interests and help ensure that the outcome serves the best interests of your child. Contact us to schedule a consultation and learn how we can help with your Pinellas County child support case.
Speak with a Clearwater Child Support Attorney Today
Contact our child support lawyers today to learn more about Florida child support laws and your options. If you are struggling to make ends meet because your child’s parent is not paying child support or if you are the paying party and unable to continue paying the court ordered child support, call our Pinellas County child support law firm at (813) 285-5705. We can help you create a fair child support agreement.
Exclusively Practicing Family Law
Extensive Trial Experience with Hundreds of Cases
Committed to Providing Excellent Service for Clients
We are a smaller firm able to provide more personalized attention
Over 40 Years of Experience
Five-Star Reviews from Our Past Clients