Alimony & Modification Professional and Attentive Client Service

Clearwater Alimony & Modification Lawyers

Providing Legal Support For Alimony Modification in Pinellas County, Florida

When two individuals separate, one may become financially unstable due to the other being the primary breadwinner or as a result of not being able to get a job due to physical or mental disabilities. This situation will often result in an entitlement to an alimony award in order to supplement the lower-earning spouse. Alternatively, there may be an existing order with regard to the payment of alimony, but extreme and unforeseen events require you to change this previous order. Whatever the case, count on our alimony and modification lawyers in Clearwater to fairly represent you.

Are you looking to modify alimony? Call The Law Offices Of Yeazell And Sweet today at (813) 285-5705 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our alimony & modification attorneys in Clearwater.

Types of Alimony in Florida

During a couple’s marriage, both partners may work, or one may be the primary financial supporter while the other manages the home. If the two partners separate, one may be required to at least temporarily rely on the other partner until they can find a job to sustain themselves independently. This kind of alimony is often known as “bridge-the-gap” alimony, and it cannot extend beyond two years in length.

If either party should pass away, or if the receiving party remarries, then the alimony ends. Other forms of alimony in Florida include:

  • Durational
  • Rehabilitative

Each have distinct periods of time for which alimony will be paid and differing criteria for such an award to be ordered. Our knowledgeable alimony attorneys in Clearwater will consult about your unique circumstances to discover what alimony would be applicable to your situation.

Common Causes for Alimony Modifications in Florida

If you have been ordered to pay alimony to your current or former spouse, there may eventually come a time when this must be modified. Particularly if your spouse becomes financially independent and monetary support is no longer needed. Sometimes, the receiving spouse may be entitled to a modification to increase the amount of alimony due to an increased need. However, there are many other reasons why alimony may be modified or discontinued.

Some of the most common situations that require alimony modifications in Florida include:

  • Modified salary rate, including demotions, promotions, or raises
  • Receipt of an inheritance or significant gift
  • A change of medical requirements or ability to receive medical insurance
  • A sudden change of health or an occurrence of illness or injury
  • The loss of a job or retirement
  • Remarriage
  • The event that either party suffers a disability
  • Unexpected length of unemployment time

Contact Our Clearwater Alimony & Modification Attorneys Today

Everyone’s situation during and following a divorce is unique. If you require help arranging alimony or need help modifying a prior court order as it pertains to alimony, our family law team is standing by. Trust The Law Offices Of Yeazell And Sweet to fully represent you with strategies designed to particularly demonstrate your individual circumstances and needs to the court.

Contact The Law Offices Of Yeazell And Sweet today to get started with our Clearwater alimony & modification lawyers.


Our Values

What Sets Us Apart
  • Exclusively Practicing Family Law

  • Extensive Trial Experience with Hundreds of Cases

  • Committed to Providing Excellent Service for Clients

  • We are a smaller firm able to provide more personalized attention

  • Over 40 Years of Experience

  • Five-Star Reviews from Our Past Clients

Contact Us Today 

Our Team Is Happy to Answer Any Questions You Have About Our Available Legal Services
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.