Family Lawyers in St. Petersburg, Florida
The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet is a family law firm in St. Petersburg, Florida that will be able to assist you with a wide range of family law needs. Our family lawyers serve those in the St. Petersburg, Florida area who may be going through a divorce, who may need help with a child custody plan, or who may need assistance modifying or enforcing a parenting plan. We can also help you with other family law concerns including, but not limited to, establishing paternity, distributing assets and liabilities, and contempt proceedings. Finally, we can assist you if you are getting divorced and have questions about whether you may be entitled to seek alimony or spousal support. Here are some of the areas of family law where The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet, family lawyers in St. Petersburg, Florida, can help:
- Divorce or Dissolution of Marriage in St. Petersburg, Florida. If you are getting divorced, this might be a very overwhelming time for you and your family. Making decisions about how to divide assets, debts and property can be challenging. The family attorneys at The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet will be able to assist you with your divorce or dissolution of marriage. There are many avenues to a successful divorce settlement. The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet are family lawyers in St. Petersburg, Florida who will help you with navigating the simplified dissolution of marriage process or the regular dissolution of marriage process in Florida.
- Child Custody and Parenting Plans. If you are getting divorced in Florida and have a minor child or children, you’ll need to have a parenting plan in place in order to get divorced. If you and the parent of your child live apart, having a parenting plan in place can clarify visitation and how decisions for the children will be made. A sound parenting plan is the foundation that can let you and your former partner develop a strong custody arrangement so that you can work together to be good co-parents. A sound child custody plan will include details about visitation rights, details about shared parenting time, information about where the children might reside, and information about how major decisions for the children will be made. If you are in the process of making child custody decisions during your divorce, or because you and the parent of your child are separated, consider reaching out to The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet, family lawyers in St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Child Custody Modifications. While it can be somewhat difficult to modify a parenting plan once one has been approved by the court, it may be entirely possible to do so. Generally, parents who want to modify a parenting plan will need to show the court that a substantial change in circumstances has taken place. Sometimes child custody modification are protective, such as when a parent poses a risk to a child, and sometimes child custody modifications are required when one parent needs to move for work or for another significant reason. The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet are family law attorneys in St. Petersburg, Florida who will be able to help you with a child custody modification if one needs to be made.
- Paternity can be established in several ways in Florida. If both parents agree about paternity, the father can acknowledge paternity either in the hospital where the child was born or afterward by filing appropriate paperwork. However, if paternity is disputed, the mother or father may need to take the case to court, or a judge may need to order genetic testing. The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet are family law attorneys in St. Petersburg, Florida who may be able to assist you with your paternity case. Establishing paternity is important because it gives a party the ability to establish child support, it gives the father the right to seek visitation, and it also allows the children to enjoy a relationship with both parents. Of course, sometimes paternity cases can be complex. For example, if a party wants child support, but has concerns about the child’s safety, should the offending party be granted visitation? The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet are family law attorneys in St. Petersburg, Florida who can assist you with complex paternity cases.
- Child Support. If you need assistance obtaining child support from a parent that is not paying, you may have recourse under the law. The family attorneys at The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet in St. Petersburg, Florida will be able to help. Conversely, if you have had a substantial change in circumstances and are unable to afford the current amount of child support you are paying, The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet may assist you in obtaining a reduction to an amount that is affordable.
- If you are a parent seeking visitation rights with your child or children, The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet are family lawyers in St. Petersburg, Florida who will be able to assist you with your case. Our attorneys can petition the court, or assist you with developing a parenting plan, that will meet your needs.
- Spousal Support Law Firm. The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet are spousal support attorneys who may be able to help you if you are seeking alimony during your divorce. Alimony, unlike child support, is not a fixed amount determined by tables, but rather is an amount that is determined depending on the nature of your case. Alimony is decided based upon many factors, including how long you were married, the disparity of incomes of the parties, the age and employability of each partner, the health of both parties, and other factors, like whether one partner stayed home to raise children or whether one partner supported the other in his or her career ambitions. The spousal support lawyers at The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet will be able to assist you if you have questions about alimony or are going through a divorce.
These are just some of the ways that The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet may be able to assist you with your family law needs. Have a family law question in St. Petersburg, Florida? Contact The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet today.
What Sets Us Apart
- Free Consultations Available
- Over 40 Years Of Experience
- Unmatched Desire To Win Cases
- Committed To Providing Excellent Service For Clients
- Extensive Trial Experience With Hundreds Of Cases Tried To Verdict