Child Custody Lawyers in Clearwater, Florida
The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet are child custody lawyers in Clearwater, Florida who will assist you with developing a parenting plan (also known as a visitation schedule) if you are in the process of getting divorced or if you are going through a separation from the parent of your child. Florida does not refer to custody as “child custody,” but rather the courts refer to custody arrangements as shared parenting time plans. However, many people are familiar with “child custody” so these terms may be used interchangeably. Ultimately, how you choose to care for your children is up to you and your former spouse to decide. Families are often best served when they can reach a parenting plan outside of court with the assistance of a child custody lawyer like the attorneys at The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet. However, sometimes disputes arise, and developing a strong parenting plan that can stand the test of time isn’t always easy. The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet are child custody attorneys in Clearwater, Florida who will help your family if you need assistance with your child custody case. At the heart of child custody decisions is the parenting plan. Whether the parenting plan is developed with the assistance of the court or by both parties outside of court, one will be required if you are getting divorced and have minor children or are separating from your significant other and have a child together. The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet are child custody attorneys in Clearwater, Florida who will able to help you develop a parenting plan that will be thorough, flexible, and that will be accepted by the courts.
What to Include in Your Child Custody Parenting Plan
What should you include in your child custody parenting plan? While the needs of every family will be unique, there are some factors that should be considered by each family before finalizing their divorce or finalizing the parenting plan for approval by the judge. What are some considerations that should be made?
- Child’s Residence. Where will the child live? Will the child share time with both parents? Will the child remain in the family home? These are some of the most important decisions that will need to be included in any child custody arrangement.
- Time-sharing. If the child will primarily reside with one parent, time-sharing dates, locations, and times should also be included in your parenting plan. Further, travel to and from visitation meetings should be considered. Finally, a parenting plan can also include details about how holidays will be divided.
- Decision-Making. Parenting requires that crucial decisions will be made. Where will the children go to school? What activities will they participate in? Where will they go to church? A parenting plan may include major decisions. For instance, it may stipulate where the children will attend school and which church they will attend. However, a parenting plan should also include details about which parent will make major decisions for the children and if both parents will be in charge of making major decisions. The parenting plan should also include a procedure for how disagreements will be handled.
- When co-parenting, communication is key. Whether you get along with your ex or not, you’ll need to communicate. Some former couples communicate using apps and others use email, but your parenting plan should include details about how you should communicate.
- Plan for Change. Your children are growing and changing and your family may grow and change over time. A strong parenting plan includes the flexibility to allow for future change by stipulating what steps should be taken to change the plan.
These are just some of the things you may want to consider including in your parenting plan. The child custody lawyers at The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet in Clearwater, Florida will assist you with including important details and can also ask the tough questions you’ll need to consider when drafting a parenting plan that works. Contact our child custody lawyers today to learn more.
Child Custody Agreements that Work
Finding a child custody agreement that works is key if you are getting divorced. The courts will not finalize your divorce if you have minor children without a parenting plan. The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet are child custody attorneys in Clearwater, Florida who can help you create a parenting plan that can work for you and be in the best interests of your children. If you anticipate a child custody battle, the attorneys at The Law Offices of Yeazell and Sweet will be able to help. While it is often best when couples can resolve their differences outside of court, our child custody lawyers understand that sometimes cases need to be taken to court. Our child custody lawyers are extremely experienced in litigating child custody cases and have collectively taken hundreds of cases to trial with outstanding results. Our lawyers can help with a wide range of child custody cases and help you find a solution that works for your children and family.
What Sets Us Apart
- Free Consultations Available
- Over 40 Years Of Experience
- Unmatched Desire To Win Cases
- Committed To Providing Excellent Service For Clients
- Extensive Trial Experience With Hundreds Of Cases Tried To Verdict